Insta @ needlework.crossings

Hi there sweet friends, nice of you to stop by!

Prim and folkart needlework designs of drab reds, browns, golds and greens are what I fancy.

Let's share stitchin, sewin, nestin, cookin, collectin, prims, critters and a lovin' mishmash of sweet life...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

~ FLOSS FLOWERS FOR SILKS ~

Hi there! While at Michaels Crafts I found these very thin wood forms. With an idea in mind, I brought them home to pretty them up.
The papers were scrapbook papers and old note cards I had on hand. I sanded the forms with a very fine grit sandpaper til they were very smooth, used them as templates on the paper, used a glue stick on the wood, applied the paper, weighed them down to dry for an hour and let them sit overnight.
The next day I drilled a hole in one petal for a ring. On the back I wrote HDF, the year and the color name. In case you're wondering~they're Vikki Clayton's Pressed Petals, Old Maid of the Hive and Russian Sage. These were oh so much fun and turned out soooo sweet, I'll stop back and pick up a *BUNCH* more-LOL! Before long I'll have a whole bouquet of Floss Flowers!

What ya think dear stitchy friends, cute or what?

Tootles, Sue

14 comments:

  1. Oooo, way too cute! Great crafty idea, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too clever.I almost went to Michaels this evening and decided to be a good girl and not spend money since I"m unemployed from my Mothers Day out job till August. hmmm, but i may just have to go there and find some of these. You are so creative. thanks for sharing your awesome idea,Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO Cute! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's a brilliant idea! So very pretty! I think you ought to submit it to a stitching magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever! How are you going to store them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a great idea!! You did a wonderful job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, very very very cute! Thanks for sharing such a neat idea to organize my floss.

    I am a fellow stitching of Mary Wingham Stitchalong. I haven't started yet - waiting for my fabric to come in the mail.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ultra cute....what a pretty idea Sue!!

    Erynne
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and they are so pretty. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE!!! You're so smart Sue!!
    Such a pretty idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea. Very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

A visit from a friend is like a piece of fine chocolate ~ always looked forward to, sincerely appreciated, over with and gone too soon... and leaving you wanting more:)

Sweet thanks for sharing a moment of your day ♥

stitchinsweetsue {at} gmail {dot} com