Insta @ needlework.crossings

Hi there sweet friends, nice of you to stop by!

Prim and folkart needlework designs of drab reds, browns, golds and greens are what I fancy.

Let's share stitchin, sewin, nestin, cookin, collectin, prims, critters and a lovin' mishmash of sweet life...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

~ NEWSFLASH - BLUEBERRIES INTERFERE WITH STITCHING ~

Hi there! Stitching is my passion, so is baking. If you knew me, you'd know that I've been baking since I was 13 (long before the digital age), serious baking, not box stuff.

It's summer here, which brings us glorious berries -YAY! I've baked this several times, simple to prepare with pantry goods and fresh berries, robust with flavor, dense and oh so deeeeelish! Serve as is, sprinkled with powdered sugar, dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Since we like ours really fruity, I add an extra cup of blueberries, for good measure:)

As my brother would say *That is one big pile of blueberries*!
Mmmmmmm, can you smell it?
Yes, it's as good as it looks ~ good thing my brother's not joining us for dinner:)
Blueberry Cake recipe can be found at *Simply Recipes* HERE. Go ahead, it's so easy, try it, let me know what you think, will you? It's been berry berry nice of you to pop in:)

Tootles, Sue

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sue,

    I can just taste the blueberries!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't guess you have any of that pie left you could send me? LOL, that looks soooo delicious though. I have not had a fresh blueberry pie in YEARS!!!


    Cindy Mae
    My store opens July 1st!!
    www.cindymaedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmmm, that looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tasty cake ;-)

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YUM!!! I like "Simply Recipes" and "All Recipes". I collect cookbooks..especially church cookbooks because they are always so good and easier to find ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum!!!!!!!! this looks wonderful! and I am going to pick fresh berries this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete

A visit from a friend is like a piece of fine chocolate ~ always looked forward to, sincerely appreciated, over with and gone too soon... and leaving you wanting more:)

Sweet thanks for sharing a moment of your day ♥

stitchinsweetsue {at} gmail {dot} com