Insta @ needlework.crossings

Hi there sweet friends, nice of you to stop by!

Prim and folkart needlework designs of drab reds, browns, golds and greens are what I fancy.

Let's share stitchin, sewin, nestin, cookin, collectin, prims, critters and a lovin' mishmash of sweet life...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hi All!

A quick hi and howdy-do welcome to my new followers, it's great to meet you, hope you're comfy here.  My sincere thanks to those who sent birthday greetings on my last post, you're oh so kind don't ya know!

Bloggin ~ I've brightened my blog, cleaned up some broken links and in general it looks ok, plain and simple.  The one thing that's really got me stumped is fonts, I've been through the template designer/advanced feature, but no luck, and I've spent all the time I care to fumbling around.  Any tips on how to change fonts is appreciated, here or by email ( stitchinsweetsue at gmail dot com ), thx!

Stitchin ~ Started this last night, luvin this Zweigart Belfast Country Mocha (32) from Anita's Little Stitches, really nice mottling for prim stitchin, a definite all purpose stash staple at a good price, and appears to still be ON SALE.  Anita is great, wonderful customer service, quick shipping, please don't hesitate to share your stash dollars with Anita.

No matter how hard I try, I seem unable to stray from primitive colors and design, what oh what shall I do?  Well... I say follow my heart and play with stitchy software to break up the cobwebs of my *I've Had Enough Of Freakin' Winter!* mind.  If you're maybe thinkin this is a Christmas design, please watch for the mystery reveal:)
Readin ~ Tanya/The Sampler Girl mentioned this book.  I've finished it, and was reminded we are all very lucky we live in the present.  I encourage all women to truly understand and appreciate what it meant when the 19th Amendment was ratified in 1920 (not so very long ago), giving all women a glimmer of hope for a future of their own choosing.  As time marches on, generations multiply and we loose our elder women, it's easy to forget the way things were pre-1920.  Stepping off my soapbox now lest you think I've got my bloomin' petticoats all in a bunch ~ LOL!
Please stay warm and have yourselves a Sweet Stitchin night:)
Tootles, Sue

8 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! I also totally love Anita!

    I love here thread pack offerings, and the fact that you can just email her what you want! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice new start! I loved that book as well -- it was a good read! Your new look is great btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new look. I'm still a newbie so you know I won't be offering you any advice on the font.

    I need to break out of this primitive/sampler dull colors too. I want to stitch something bright and SUNNY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have our addictions, Sue--yours just happens to be primitive stitches, mine is Prairie Schooler :)

    Not sure about the font changes--I'm still using the old version of Blogger so I'm way behind the times. I'm sure you'll find someone who can help....

    I'll have to check out that book next time I'm at work--sounds very interesting! Hope your week is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say go with it and stitch what makes YOU happy!

    I like the look of your blog. Here is a link from Blogger Buzz on Fonts:

    http://buzz.blogger.com/2011/01/quick-brown-fox.html

    It's a good idea to follow Bloggers blog, you get a heads up when something new comes along :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, I love anything primitive too !! I think there is something cozy and homey about it...

    As for the fonts, I have been there too !! I've tried and tried, looked for instructions and more instructions and finally given up. Everybody recommends this website www.kevinandamanda.com but I am unable to follow their instructions, they are not user friendly at all. If you can figure them out, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. E D I T E D BY SUE ~ A HUGE THANK YOU TO AUBREE/MEADOWS08 IN VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA FOR MAKING THE TIME TO STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR FONT HELP. MY RESEARCH (AKA FUMBLING & BUBMBLING-LOL) PROVED THAT ONE NEEDS TO LAUNCH IE BROWSER (NOT FIREFOX, GRRRR), WHEN TRYING TO CHANGE FONTS IN BLOGGER.

    AUBREE'S KINDNESS IS TRULY THE BEST WE CAN STRIVE FOR, TO HELP ONE ANOTHER, DON'T YOU THINK:)

    THX AGAIN AUBREE XOXO

    ReplyDelete

A visit from a friend is like a piece of fine chocolate ~ always looked forward to, sincerely appreciated, over with and gone too soon... and leaving you wanting more:)

Sweet thanks for sharing a moment of your day ♥

stitchinsweetsue {at} gmail {dot} com