Insta @ needlework.crossings

Hi there sweet friends, nice of you to stop by!

Prim and folkart needlework designs of drab reds, browns, golds and greens are what I fancy.

Let's share stitchin, sewin, nestin, cookin, collectin, prims, critters and a lovin' mishmash of sweet life...

Monday, December 31, 2012

ADIEU 2012

Greetings sweet friends on this Eve of our New Year!  I do hope everyone who celebrated their respective holidays enjoyed every day, in every way.  A heartfelt ~nice to meet ya~ to a couple new followers who found their way here, hope you enjoy stopping by now and again!  My heartfelt thanks to all who visited over the past year:)

A few snippets to share before we all scurry off into 2013...

Tech Stuff ~ Remember my old puter that dogged me to no end? Finally got a laptop, yipee!  I named her ZippyChippy. 

Pinterest ~ I've gone and lost my mind.  If anybody sees it plopping, wobbling and rolling around, it won't do anybody any good, just let it roll on by!  It goes like this... Where did I store that recipe?  That craft idea?  That fabby I wanna try?  That thing I absolutely m.u.s.t. have and probably can't afford anyway so why did I save it?  My recipe box?  Which recipe box?  The super special one?  The everyday one?  The wanna try this some day one?  The puter?  One of my Pinterest boards?  Wait!  Am I following them?  Or are they following me?  A sticky note?  Which room?  One of my blog pages?  Which page?  You get the idea - it's meltdown city here, too many places to absorb too much stuff!  I can't take it anymore, done lost my mind - and I'm not even 30 yet!  (Chuckle) ahem... clearly I've not lost my humor:)
    via Google

Etsy ~  Does anyone else like these little soap mats for bar soap?  I was very pleased to meet a talented artisan to whip me up a couple for the house.  I truly could not be more pleased with the high quality of Terri's goods and her friendly personal service.  Thanks again Terri, love your handwork!
CustomCrochetByTerri on Etsy

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ~ While entering Nancy's Christmas Giveaways at The Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe I was lucky enough to win one of her charts!  Congrats to all the other lucky winners and sincere thx to Nancy for sharing the holiday fun with all of us:)

Stitchin ~ My 2012 finishes overflow in their basket, patiently awaiting assembling and prettiness.  But for now, perchance anyone remember my flaky finish from 2011?




Rather enjoyed it, so I stitched another for 2012.  See that wee little trim down there?  Found it while thrifting and thought of snowflakes.  Subtle and gentle tone on tone.  A dear stitchy friend grew up in the northeast, this ornie was my gift to her so that she might fondly recall a few dreamy Christmases she spent as a young girl...   
Snowflake Ornie 2012 by StitchinSweetSue
Freebie motif
Zweigart linen 32 ct ~ Vintage Country Mocha
Floss ~ Sullivans white ~ 2 over 2
Bottom band/backing ~ tan & white ticking with vintage trim
Filling ~ Bamboo fiber
 
 
  Anyone else miss the old Five & Dimes with skads of yummy trims and notions?
Have to admit the trims found in craft stores today just do not blow my skirt up!
One day I hope to visit the NYC garment district to pillage and and plunder the trim shops:)

Rootin in the barn ~ The foraging continues for hidden treasures amidst the rubble under the collapsed roof.  The piles and piles of stuff Mr. Sweet hauls home on his trailer continue to get sorted
 Not one, but two ~ oh Joy of Joys!  Not gonna see me pushin either one of these:)

Sharing Christmas of 2011 two sweet followers stitched my Sleigh Rides design and now is the perfect time to showcase their festive creations.  May I please present:

I'm humbled Shirley P. and Catherine fancied my simple and prim design
enough to create their own take on it, each a beauty and I thank you both:)

So sweet friends, thanks for stopping by...
I bid you each a Sweet, Happy and Stitchy New Year!

Tootles, Sue 









12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, dear sweet Sue :)
    Hugs and kisses
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Sue...... Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! Congrats on your new laptop! Happy New Year! (Love that trim -- wow!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lace is so beautiful and perfect for the snowflake ornament. So far I've seen pictures of snow from my family in PA and some others here in blog land but none for us yet. YAY!! That might change tonight though.
    A very Happy New Year to you and "Mr. Sweet".
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an enjoyable post...many things you wrote about kind of hits home...lol
    How fun to get a new laptop - our grandson got one for Christmas too.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you, Sue!!!!
    Barb in Syracuse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Love the snowflake ornaments! That lace is gorg.

    NYC Garment District is a must - M&J Trimmings is like no place I've ever seen. I was totally overwhelmed with the floor to ceiling (yes, literally) trims, ribbons, buckles, you name it. I need to go back soon to visit when the fabric stores are open (mood, here I come!), since the last time i went, it was a Sunday, the only day the fabric stores are closed. Yet, M&J was open, so the trip was not a total loss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun post! And as I was reading, I thought wow, that ornament looks familiar!! I love that design of yours ~ so cute! Best wishes for a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear from you! I miss the trims also. A Blessed, Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a new reader to your blog and when I saw those mowers I just had to comment. My husband collects them and uses them to mow our nearly 1 acre yard. Don't let them be thrown away...someone will want them for sure. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice walk down memory lane, Sue--I so love those snowflake finishes of yours. The lace is perfect for them.

    What fun to discover all those treasures in the old barn--what will you ever do with all of that stuff? Big yard sale someday?

    I wish you and your family a new year filled with love and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute finishes, congratulations

    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete

A visit from a friend is like a piece of fine chocolate ~ always looked forward to, sincerely appreciated, over with and gone too soon... and leaving you wanting more:)

Sweet thanks for sharing a moment of your day ♥

stitchinsweetsue {at} gmail {dot} com