Insta @ needlework.crossings

Hi there sweet friends, nice of you to stop by!

Prim and folkart needlework designs of drab reds, browns, golds and greens are what I fancy.

Let's share stitchin, sewin, nestin, cookin, collectin, prims, critters and a lovin' mishmash of sweet life...

Friday, February 5, 2010

~ SANTA FE CHICKY IN CROCKPOT ~

Hi there!  I spiced things up a bit in my kitchen yesterday and discovered this recipe *ain't no Taco Bell*.  This super easy and deeply flavored chicky was a welcome treat for the bored tastebuds on a harsh and frigid night.  The sauce had fire, but the good earthy kind, not the heat kind and I guarantee you couldn't get a better meal at an authentic Mexican casa.  I followed the recipe, but used 3 breasts (was plenty), added 1 cup jar salsa, a few generous shakes of sweet chili pepper, a can of chipotle peppers in sauce (roughly chopped) and let it cook all day ~ while I stitched:)

When done I roughly shredded the chicky in the crock.  I wanted to thicken the sauce, so I used a little drizzle of cornstarch/water slurry in the crockpot, pouring a little in at a time and stirring til it thickened nicely and served over a bed of white rice. The sauce soaked into the rice and well, you can just imagine...  I could barely force myself to share even a morsel and kept telling DH if he didn't care for it that I'd make him something else and send the chicky to the freezer.   He gobbled it down.  I would not hesitate for a moment to serve this to company or take it anywhere in my trusty crock.  This was such a welcome addition to my crockpot specialties, I couldn't help but mention it here, in case any of you are looking to spice things up a bit in your own kitchen:)  

Thank you IowaGirl, you rock!  For recipe, go  HERE.
Thanks for popping in dear friends, wishing you a sweet stitchin weekend:)


Tootles, Sue

6 comments:

  1. I love that kind of dish especially with rice....hmmmm yummmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMmmmmmm that looks really good.

    I am getting use to the Texas cooking. I love black bean and corn salsa.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like something we will try. We love crock pot recipes!!!! And the 'original post' of this says it is a weight watchers recipe, so that is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...that does sound REALLY good, Sue. Perhaps I'll try it out for the guys when they come over for the Super Bowl... Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! I'm so going to through that in the crock pot and get some serious stitching done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks tasty. I think I'll try it this week!

    Thanks Sue!

    ReplyDelete

A visit from a friend is like a piece of fine chocolate ~ always looked forward to, sincerely appreciated, over with and gone too soon... and leaving you wanting more:)

Sweet thanks for sharing a moment of your day ♥

stitchinsweetsue {at} gmail {dot} com