Insta @ needlework.crossings

Hi there sweet friends, nice of you to stop by!

Prim and folkart needlework designs of drab reds, browns, golds and greens are what I fancy.

Let's share stitchin, sewin, nestin, cookin, collectin, prims, critters and a lovin' mishmash of sweet life...

Saturday, May 2, 2009

~ Hello Old Friend ~

Hi there! My apologies for being away, life recently brought our family a time for gentle pause, so we've been observing peace and serenity in our home, and really really focusing on staying close and loving one another.

In the last couple of days I've found myself drawn to an old friend, a WIP (work in progress for my non-stitchy friends), which set up residence in my stitching basket many years ago, too many to remember. So I began a few more stitches today and am enjoying its' simplicity. The design is not fancy or adventurous. The palette is drab, simple and primitive. The green DMC 731 is not one I usually favor, but quite fetching and perfect here. I adore the mix of brown, green and tiny pink highlights that adorn the border:)


La-D-Da *Rejoice* by Lori Markovic, DMC colors.


Thx for popping in!



Tootles, Sue



2 comments:

  1. I love limited palettes! The designs look so much simpler and stronger when a limited palette is used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful piece to bring back out! I hope I get to see more of it:)
    I hope all is well in your family.
    Sending you (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

A visit from a friend is like a piece of fine chocolate ~ always looked forward to, sincerely appreciated, over with and gone too soon... and leaving you wanting more:)

Sweet thanks for sharing a moment of your day ♥

stitchinsweetsue {at} gmail {dot} com