Insta @ needlework.crossings

Hi there sweet friends, nice of you to stop by!

Prim and folkart needlework designs of drab reds, browns, golds and greens are what I fancy.

Let's share stitchin, sewin, nestin, cookin, collectin, prims, critters and a lovin' mishmash of sweet life...

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

~ TOOOO YUMMY NOT TO SHARE ~

Hi there!  Well dear stitchers, we're all in a whirl aren't we, dashing here and there prepping for the big day, and isn't it great fun!

I've been making this easy and reliable overnight casserole for sooo long, which means I started making this when I was about 6 ~ LOL!  Sometime you stumble on a recipe that's always a hit and there's never a need to look for another, this is one of those and I'm lucky to have found it.  Recipe from a book called *America's Favorite Brand Name Recipes* by Publications Int'l Ltd.  We have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  It's a great way to save time on special weekend mornings, especially nice for holiday breakfasts and potlucks, most everyone raves and it can serve a crowd.  Maybe you'd like to take a peek?

Some of the ingredients are croutons, eggs, shredded cheese (any flavor), frozen chopped spinach, pork sausage, mushrooms, milk.  It's made and put into fridge the night before.  You can tweak it anyway you like, we go easy on the croutons cause we like less bread. And I always add a couple jars/cans of sliced mushrooms.  Sorry, forgot to add the shrooms to my pic:)

















Prepped and ready for the fridge the night before






















From the oven

After sampling the yumminess, get your piece licktey split cause it will vanish!

I really wanted to post this for anyone who might be interested, so they can gather the simple ingredients.

Interested?  I've got recipe saved in jpeg format. Feel free to email me: stitchinsweetsue @ gmail .com (remove spaces).  I usually don't get many recipe requests, so I'm not too terribly worried about being overwhelmed with emails:)

Tootles and Sweet Stitchin...

Sue


5 comments:

  1. I have a casserole that I do for Christmas & Easter but I would love another one!!! Care to share with me?!!?!?
    It looks wonderful!!!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy anything with spinach and cheese is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you a very Merry and wonderful Christmas with joy and happiness with your family!

    Hugs,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly what I was going to look for after I finished blogging!! I need this recipe so bad!!! It looks so delicious!! I will email you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also make a variation of that, Sue... It sure comes in handy on busy holiday mornings, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

A visit from a friend is like a piece of fine chocolate ~ always looked forward to, sincerely appreciated, over with and gone too soon... and leaving you wanting more:)

Sweet thanks for sharing a moment of your day ♥

stitchinsweetsue {at} gmail {dot} com